Volunteer Medical Services
Recent events: Minutes provided upon request
Camarillo Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K/5K - Medical Provider Triage / Sunday August 8, 2021 – Boston Qualifier
Crystal Springs Trail Run Marathon, Ultra Marathon, Half Marathon 50K/35K/8K - Medical Provider Triage / Sunday July 31, 2021San Diego Half Marathon, 10K/5K - Medical Provider Triage Finish Line / Sunday July 18, 2021
Rock-N-Roll Marathon Series: San Diego - Medical Captain of Triage Patio / Sunday June 2, 2019
Rock-N-Roll Marathon Series: San Diego - Medical Captain Finish Line / Sunday June 3, 2018
Encinitas Half Marathon – Medical Director (finish line medical tent) / Sunday March 4, 2018
Encinitas Half Marathon – Medical Director (finish line medical tent) / Sunday March 26, 2017
Surfing Madonna Beach Run – Medical Director (finish line medical tent) / Sunday October 7, 2018
Surfing Madonna Beach Run – Medical Director (finish line medical tent) / Sunday November 5, 2017
Malibu Half Marathon - medictent coverage / Sunday November 8, 2018
Malibu Half Marathon-medictent coverage / Sunday November 4, 2019
Malibu Chili Cook Off - medictent coverage / August 30, August 31, September 1, and September 2 - 2019
Anthony John Hall DC DACBSP – Volunteer Medical Services Provider (medictent.com):
Evaluation and management of the varied medical concerns encountered on race day along with the essentials in pre-race planning and preparedness.
The medical team's primary focus is to rapidly identify and care for acute illness, injury or collapse.
Medical personnel will track runners and record medical data to ensure timely updates to families of runners being treated.
Volunteer Medical Staff considerations: Qualified, Availability, Clinical Expertise, Individual State Laws.
There are several organizations to which I follow for the highest standards of preparation and management when it comes to events in which there are large numbers of participants:
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- International Institute of Race Medicine
- Boston Marathon
- American Red Cross
Pre-Participation Physical Examination "PPE"
(American College of Sports Medicine)
Examiner - Dr. Hall
- Health and safety of the athlete in training and competition.
- Identify medical and orthopedic problems placing athlete at risk for injury or illness.
- Identify correctable problems that may impair athlete's ability to perform.
- Educate athlete concerning sports, exercise, injuries and health issues.
- Meet legal and insurance requirements.
- Best done in medical setting and appropriate privacy.
- Event PPE with Large # of athletes involved *Format or multiple stations with several health care providers each focusing in their expertise.
Interim Exam annually if required or indicated.
- Past Medical History
- Sports Specific History
- Family History
- Physical Exam
- Report of Findings
- Recommendations/ Referrals if indicated
Proactive Care Classes
- First Responder (American Red Cross) Certification: First Aid, Child and Adult CPR/AED - Instructor: Dr. Hall
- Sports Fitness Class/Series: Posture, breathing and biomechanics to prevent injury and increase performance - Instructor: Dr. Hall
Dr. Hall's Contact Information: [email protected]